Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Told Myself I Could So

The events that have taken shape over these past four years have unfolded in a way I could have never imagined. You see, it was four years ago that I had yet another investment vehicle (a business) and an investor, ready and willing to go. He's also my client for one of my existing businesses, which is how I met him.

My original plan was supposed to take exactly two years. My original goal: one point five million in five years. Adding to that as each year past the five year mark.

What actually happened was; the original business was not a go. I can't tell you how happy I am that didn't work out. I've seen people who have gone into the exact same industry lose their shirt, and I do mean everything. The economy and market conditions have changed so dramatically since my original thought processing on that deal; that while I could have never known it at the time, it was just not feasible.

But, I don't know what you call it. Drive? Wanderlust? Curiosity? What if? How about? Let's try this? Oh, that looks interesting? That's how an entrepreneur is. I was speaking to my accountant a few weeks ago, I suppose with much passion and enthusiasm about what I have going on- and he starts laughing. Laughing!

Me: "What? What's wrong? What are you laughing at?"
Jeffery: "Always something new."

Listen, I don't blow through husbands very quick. At least give me that. Businesses? Not so much.

I told myself: set this goal. Go get it. I can probably pull that off.

Not only is my goal coming to fruition, even if it took twice as long- four years and not two- it's going to produce twice as much! I'd rather sow into ideas for two more years than keep throwing time and money on one that didn't pan out.

Give yourself permission to go for what you want. What do you think the worst that can happen is? To quote The Pussycat Dolls (who are, in case you didn't know; oracles of wisdom)-

Be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it, you just might get it!

P.S. That same investor is still my client and has been going on seven seasons, or is it eight? There was no drama. If it's not going to work, keep the baby but definitely throw out the bathwater.

No comments:

Post a Comment