Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Free Ya Mind And Da Rest Will Follow~ Holla!



Funny how sometimes lyrics pop into your head. Do they pop in your head too? I haven't thought of En Vogue (so sorry, En Vogue) in years and years.

Free your mind and the rest will follow- is where my head's pretty much been for over a decade now.

I can tell you, I was in a bad freaking situation. Real bad. What I like to say, is, you know, for the sake of me sounding bitter and like some sort of victim, which I'm not- I say, when I finally open up to someone about my past- "Well, you don't have to take what I say as meaning anything- BUT the State Of Texas seems to think he's a convicted felon. What does that tell you?" And I drop it.

That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, which was getting the facts so straight in my mind and finally start telling myself the truth about the situation, quit covering it up with some bullshit layer of well-maybe-it-will-get-better... and take some action.

The real change began first, not in my actions, but in my mind.

Honestly, I know a lot of people are scared shitless to be their own boss, start a business and be entrepreneurs and truly stand on their own. For me though, it's really like, puleeze. Everyone I've dealt with while being an entrepreneur is (for the most part) sober, and not strung out on drugs!

Think it first. Toy with some few ideas second. Implement a little strategy third. Make it do what it do.

I've heard it said you are where you are today because of decisions you made five years ago. Really, truly? Where do you want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment