We had an eye opening exercise this morning. Wouldn't it be fun to list all of the businesses we've started in the past ten years? As we have, on December twenty ninth, been married ten years.
Out of this list of twenty, three were (are still) producers.
Of the three, one currently produces six figures.
Of the two, only one (will produce) millions.
Looking back over our list, Tony inquired, "What does this tell you?"
"It tells me that this is why people buy franchises!"
Some of these businesses never made it past the idea stage, while others have taken considerable time and cash lay out. I won't say which is what, but here is the list. As you can see, I don't lack for a stinking idea, do I? Diversity doesn't seem to be much of a problem either.
- Moving company
- Marketing company
- Nutricuetical company
- Dance company
- Energy deregulation company
- Entertainment company
- Real estate holding company
- Weight loss management company
- Aloe vera products company
- Entertainment company #2
- Talent Agency
- Funeral Event Agency
- Inventions: weighted walking vest, inflatable camping supplies, dog bicycle trailer
- Restaurant: in which you only get the proper calories for your body/age/gender
- Art company
- Radiant barrier company
- Pimp My Minnow (parent company of Pimp My Worm) fishing industry company
- Marketing company #2
- Photography company specializing in high end model-esque effects
- Entertainment company #3