Friday, July 24, 2009

Building a System is How I Roll!

Yesterday, at a networking meeting- (I do not go to networking meetings unless they are Chamber of Commerce related, I went because one of my staff members invited me; and he's done SO much for my company, of course, I want to do something for him, in that he needed to invite seven people in order to qualify). I was struck by how awfully hard everyone was trying. Trying to get business. Trying to get business that they themselves, would have to execute in order to make a cash flow return.

I do not start or build a business that utilizes myself, me personally, my own personal time, to run. I build a system in which I plug people into. It's the system that works- not me. (Although I have to work initially, to build the system.)

What most (not all) of the people I hang around with do not understand is: I make money when I'm not working. They only make money if they work. There is a big difference.

Here is what I am NOT saying. "I am, therefore, better than they are." (As a person.) What I am saying; my business model, therefore, is better.

I can chose to work or not to work.

Last year, which was our best and most profitable year, I only actually worked in my business three times. That was roughly 12 hours of personal work. I worked a total of 12 hours out of 365 days, and made more than I ever have.

If you are an entrepreneur, and if you'd like more freedom- build a system that is leveragable, not a personality, which is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment